The term "Good Neighbor Hotels" gets thrown around a lot at Disneyland but you may or may not be familiar with what it actually means. Hotels designated as "Good Neighbor Hotels" are generally in close proximity to the Disneyland Resort and offer certain perks to guests while providing less expensive option than Disneyland Resort Hotels. For many people these prove to be the best option, just make sure you understand what is and is not included in your reservation before you make a decision.
What Options Are There?
How Much Do They Cost?
Prices can be very flexible. There are Economy options like Best Westerns or Motel 6, Moderate options like Holiday Inns, Fairfield Inn, Springhill Suites, or the Portofino Inn as well as Deluxe hotels like Hilton, Wyndham or Marriott. No matter which you choose your stay will usually be cheaper than most stays at a Disneyland Resort Hotel. Typically they start around $75/night and go up from there.
What Perks Do Good Neighbor Hotels Offer?
- Vacation Packages - You can book your stay and tickets at the same time only at Good Neighbor options.
- Walt Disney Travel Co. Swag - Guests booking their packages through these hotels also get exclusive Walt Disney Travel Co. pins, lanyards and luggage tags.
- Seasonal Promotions - Disney offers promotional benefits each year through their partners. For example, guests have received ESPN Zone meals, in-park dining vouchers, and free Disney Park attraction photos in the past. These may change from year to year. Each hotel will also have access to unique offers, specials, and gifts so feel free to check with each to figure out which will fit your vacation plans best.
- Ticket Counters - Most hotel options have Disneyland Resort ticket counters inside the hotel to make buying your tickets are getting answers quicker and easier. This way you can avoid the crowded ticket booths!
- Shuttle - To get to the parks easier, Good Neighbor Hotels usually offer shuttle services between the hotel and the Disneyland Resort so you don't have to worry about parking.
How Do You Book Your Stay?
- OFFICIAL DISNEYLAND WEBSITE - Search for hotels on Disneyland's website and book your package directly.
- INDIVIDUAL HOTELS - You can also book your package by contacting the hotel directly, but generally they are not able to offer any different deals than through Disney themselves.
- TRAVEL AGENTS - Travel agencies are able to book your stay as well and may be able to save you some money, just make sure you are working with a trusted Disney agent to get the best deals possible.
- ONLINE TRAVEL SITES - Booking your trip through online travel sites can save you a lot of money and you can still book your ticket package with your hotel directly later.