Disney has officially announced what visitors and fans will be saying farewell to when Disneyland's Diamond Celebration comes to an end on 5 September 2016. A few things will simply be returning to the way things were before the 60th Anniversary party kicked off last year, but there are a few closings which many guests were disappointed to hear about. Enjoy these shows while they last!
- Disneyland Forever will end its run and will be replaced by "Fantasy in the Sky" on Friday - Sunday evenings through November.
- "Fantasy in the Sky" is a show which dates back to 1958. It's received several updates over the years but is generally the shortest fireworks show at the Disneyland Resort in the last 16 years.
WORLD OF COLOR - CELEBRATE!
- Paradise Bay will say farewell to World of Color - Celebrate! as the original version of the show will return.
- There is no word yet whether this will be an update of the original to feature new films or how often guests can expect shows.
PAINT THE NIGHT
- Paint the Night will have it's final performance on 5 September. There are no plans to feature a new nighttime spectacular in its stead until Fantasmic! returns next summer.
If you're like me, much of this news is sad. The fireworks and parade have become huge fan favourites and many are disappointed that they are not sticking around past the Diamond Celebration. If you're visiting the parks before Labor Day, take advantage of one of the final performances of any of these fabulous shows! If you haven't had the opportunity to enjoy them yet, you can read our reviews on each show here. What was your favourite moment from these spectaculars?