Now that Halloween has officially passed, it's time to be thinking about Disneyland during the holidays! The festivities will officially kick off 13 November 2015 and continue through 6 January 2016, but with the Diamond Celebration continuing through next summer the holiday offerings will be slightly different. Here's what you can expect if you're visiting the park this holiday season.
You can still expect holiday decor permeating throughout the entire park per the norm for this time of year, and now Tomorrowland will be joining the festivities as Season of the Force coincides with much of the holiday season. Santa will now be found in Critter Country this year, FYI. There will also be a few holiday-themed attractions returning this year:
- Jingle Cruise - A shipment of Christmas decorations crash land into the waters of the jungle and the animals try to figure out what to do with it all. Is that gorilla sure he wants to grab that fruitcake? The best part about the Jingle Cruise is that many of the jokes are brand new!
- "it's a small world" holiday - This holiday layout sets the beloved tune to "Jingle Bells" and showcases how the holiday season is celebrated around the world. Between the exposure to cultures inside and the dazzling Christmas lights on the facade it's magical!
- Haunted Mansion Holiday - Sure, this is in place for Halloween season, but it stays through January. That's the beauty of The Nightmare Before Christmas - it can span both holidays! See what Jack Skellington has in store for you this Christmas.
Disney California Adventure
Unfortunately, Christmas decorations are not as widespread at DCA as they are in Disneyland, but Buena Vista Street, Cars Land and "a bug's land" are decked out (Cars Land being my personal favourite!). Santa will stop by Elias & Co. on Buena Vista Street occasionally as well. On top of that they have a few other seasonal festivities:
- Olaf's Snow Fest - Originally part of the "Frozen Fun" celebration last winter, Olaf's Snow Fest allows kids to run around in a winter wonderland and even meet everyone's favourite snowman!
- Buena Vista Street Community Choir - They always have citizens of Buena Vista Street roaming around so now they've officially organised into a group of carolers.
The Downtown Disney shopping district will still be featuring Olaf's Frozen Ice Rink in front of the AMC Theatres for some winter time family fun all season long.
- "A Christmas Fantasy" - The classic Disneyland Christmas parade will be returning this year replacing "Mickey's Soundsational Parade" until the end of the season.
- Paint the Night - Due to popular demand, the hit nighttime spectacular will be continuing through the holiday season.
- "Disney Viva Navidad! Street Party" - Honouring the Latin American influences of California during the Christmas season, this lively street party will liven the season at Disney California Adventure.
- "Disneyland Forever" - As part of the Diamond Celebration, the "Disneyland Forever" fireworks spectacular will be replacing "Believe . . . in Holiday Magic" this year. Don't worry, you'll still get magical snow, just not in as much abundance.
- "World of Color - Celebrate!" - Also part of the Diamond Celebration, this particular "World of Color" will continue to honour the achievements of Walt Disney the entire year.
- "World of Color - Winter Dreams" - According to Disney Parks Blog, the holiday overlay of "World of Color" will also be shown. Check the official park website for specific dates and times.