The Lunar New Year Festival at Disney California Adventure has been growing year after year. Now it's become a major 4-week event celebrating the Lunar New Year (Chinese New Year) and East Asian culture. They've just announced all the fun and food that will be part of 2018's festivities so if you're planning a trip early next year there's a lot to be excited about!
- Mulan's New Year Procession - A cultural parade through DCA.
- Hurry Home - Lunar New Year Celebration - Sort of a "World of Color" pre-show, follow the story of a lantern trying to reunite with its family before the New Year. The show features Mulan, Mushu, and a score originally written for the opening of Shanghai Disneyland.
- Festive Characters - Find special meet-and-greets with Mulan, Mushu, as well as Mickey and his pals dressed up for the occasion. This year Goofy will be dressed up as the God of Good Fortune!
- Lucky Wishing Wall - Add your own wish to the wall for some good luck to come your way!
- Specialty Foods - New dishes inspired by China, Korea, and Vietnam will be featured at the Paradise Garden Grill.
As with any special time of year, commemorative merchandise will be available during the course of the festival.
Typically the Lunar New Year Festival is centred around Paradise Gardens next to Goofy's Sky School. It's safe to assume such will be the case this year, but be aware that by this time much of Paradise Pier will be closed as they transform it into Pixar Pier.
The festival runs 26 January to 18 February 2018. It's a small window of opportunity, but hotel rates should be lower, crowds not as bad, and now a special bit of fun that only comes once a year!