Nobody wants to wait in line forever at Disneyland. That's one reason why people wander around the parks searching for short lines (although the definition of "short" varies from one person to the next). As much ground as people cover, there always seems to be a few areas that the foot traffic just doesn't reach. There are rides and attractions there that tend to have pretty short waits and are still very fun for everyone so make sure you keep your eyes out for these attractions on your next trip.
- ROGER RABBIT'S CAR-TOON SPIN | Mickey's Toontown - This dark ride is a fun romp through the streets of Toontown with Roger Rabbit as he tries to lose the Weasels. If you get motion sick, don't let the name fool you - you only spin as much as you want! Wait times do tend to be pretty long later in the day, typically over 40 minutes, but FastPasses are constantly available. Most of the time you can grab a FastPass and get on the ride just 30 minutes later without having to wait in line.
- GOOFY'S SKY SCHOOL | Paradise Pier - Learn to fly with Goofy in this wild-mouse coaster with tight turns and sudden drops. Don't worry, the sides of the car are padded so your arms won't get hurt as you careen around corners. The wait can sometimes be over a half hour, but FastPasses are available all the time and, as with Roger Rabbit, you can sometimes get a FastPass and still be on the ride sooner than if you waited in line.
- THE MANY ADVENTURES OF WINNIE THE POOH | Critter Country - I don't know why, but ever since Pooh and his friends from the Hundred Acre Wood moved next door to Splash Mountain, they haven't received a ton of visitors. Most of the time the line is only 10 minutes or less and the ride is adorable! I don't know why many people pass by it, but don't let that be you!
- ANIMATION ACADEMY | Hollywood Land - Learn to draw your favourite Disney characters from trained Disney animators! The theatre is inside the Disney Animation pavilion and classes are held every half hour. Check the board in front of the pavilion to see who they'll be drawing when and get in line just 10 minutes or so before class begins. There are always plenty of seats and you can take your masterpiece home at the end to show off to your friends!
- MONSTERS, INC.: MIKE & SULLEY TO THE RESCUE | Hollywood Land - Apparently people just don't make it into Hollywood for anything other than Frozen - Live at the Hyperion or Guardians of the Galaxy, because this is such a cute little ride tucked away back there! Ride through the streets of Monstropolis and help Mike and Sulley save Boo. Roz at the end is a great touch and sometimes even talks to you specifically! Not all the time, just occasionally...
Those are my top 5 low-traffic fun times, but do you have any others that should be added to this list? Let us know because we'd love to see this list get bigger!