Where can you begin on a list like this? I'm not a huge Halloween lover, but one visit to Disneyland in October and you will fall in love even if just for the time you're there! Anytime you can add a dash of some Disney magic to something you're bound to make it unforgettable and leave everyone wanting more. Although there's much more, here are my top 5 reasons to love Halloween at DLR.
- PUMPKIN FESTIVAL ON MAIN STREET, USA - Who doesn't love to walk onto Main Street and see dozens of jack-o-lanterns about, not to mention the huge winking Mickey-o-lantern! It just makes the whole season that much more enchanting. If you look closely, you'll notice that all the jack-o-lanterns are unique and you may even spot a few caricatures of famous faces!
- GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY - MONSTERS AFTER DARK - This is arguably so much better than the original Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! During the day, you can ride the original attraction and help the Guardians escape the fortress, but each evening (typically after 3p), join Rocket on a new adventure to save Groot from all the monsters that have escaped the tower. Be advised, this version can be frightening for some kids.
- SPECIALTY FOOD & SNACKS - What's Halloween without some sweets? Caramel apples abound and pumpkin lovers will enjoy multitudes of snacks and drinks just in time for autumn. Though less directly related to Halloween, many restaurants also will make seasonal specialties to add some flare to their menus that are equally delicious. Be sure to enjoy them while they last!
- HAUNTED MANSION HOLIDAY - Jack Skellington has flown in from Halloweentown and wrecked the halls in the Haunted Mansion! This is probably the most famous seasonal attraction Disneyland has to offer. It doesn't matter how many times you ride, there's so much going on that you're sure to find something new. Every year they add something to the mansion and create an entirely new (and real) gingerbread house! Don't worry if you think you're going to miss this festive fun - it sticks around through the Holidays, too!
- CARS LAND & BUENA VISTA STREET - Over in California Adventure, don't miss all the decorations around Buena Vista Street and Cars Land. Oogie Boogie greets guests into the park and you'll find bats flying from the belfry of the Carthay Circle Theater. The Headless Horseman sits right across the street and every so often comes to life as his horse breathes smoke. If you think that's great, catch the whole area at night when the trees and theater come to life with eerie lights! Cars Land, on the other hand, is decked out for Haul-O-Ween with automotive themed decorations everywhere. You'll also catch some of the residents riding around in costume (like Vampire Mater or Pirate Captain Cruz Ramirez)!
I know, some of you may not quite agree with my opinions, so what are some of your favourite parts of Halloween Time at Disneyland?