Where can you begin on a list like this? I'm not a huge Halloween lover, but one visit to Disneyland in October and you will fall in love even if just for the time you're there! Anytime you can add a dash of some Disney magic to something you're bound to make it unforgettable and leave everyone wanting more. Although there's much more, here are my top 5 reasons to love Halloween at DLR.
- Main Street, USA - Who doesn't love to walk onto Main Street and see dozens of jack-o-lanterns about, not to mention the huge winking Mickey-o-lantern! It just makes the whole season that much more enchanting.
- Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy - I don't care what some others have said about it, I loved Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy! With new projections throughout the ride you now are chased through space by maniacal spirits. If you're lucky to sit in the front row, the effect is that much more frightening. It helps that Space Mountain is my personal favourite attraction already, but it's so much fun to see a holiday overlay of such a classic attraction.
- Specialty Food & Snacks - What's Halloween without some sweets? Caramel apples abound and pumpkin lovers will enjoy multitudes of snacks and drinks just in time for autumn. Though less directly related to Halloween, many restaurants also will make seasonal specialties to add some flare to their menus that are equally delicious. Be sure to enjoy them while they last!
- Haunted Mansion Holiday - Jack Skellington has flown in from Halloweentown and wrecked the halls in the Haunted Mansion! This is probably the most famous seasonal attraction Disneyland has to offer. It doesn't matter how many times you ride, there's so much going on that you're sure to find something new. This year they've even included the Hatbox Ghost, Sally in the graveyard, and a eery new gingerbread house each year (and you can even smell the gingerbread!). Lines can get crazy, but luckily they also add a Fastpass during the holidays so you don't have to wait over an hour to see what Jack has in store!
- Mickey's Halloween Party - The absolutely best part! If you can snag some tickets, you can enjoy much lighter crowds throughout the park and get on many of your favourite rides with little or no wait at all. Main Street comes alive with music plus cobwebs and pumpkins projected all across the shops. The Rivers of America are covered with an eerie fog as the "Cadaver Dans" float by and serenade guests in one of the many Trick-or-Treat stations. Yep, that's right - candy! All over the park! You can also get a picture with any number of your favourite villains as they parade through the park after the Headless Horseman and catch the Halloween Screams fireworks spectacular just for party guests. If you have an annual pass you can even just relax in the Opera House and watch some classic spooky Disney cartoons to unwind at the end of the evening. Mickey's Halloween Party is so unforgettable! Get your tickets early, they can go fast!
I know, some of you may not quite agree with my opinions, so what are some of your favourite parts of Halloween Time at Disneyland?