Without a doubt, December at the Disneyland Resort is magical! There's always so many new things to see and do as you go about the park so even enthusiasts who go frequently can make new memories! In case you haven't experienced this yet for yourself, here are the 5 best things you can find at Disneyland during the holiday season. UPDATED 7 Dec 2017
- Festive Spectaculars! - Bask in holiday magic during the day with "A Christmas Fantasy" Parade or be in awe over "Believe . . . in Holiday Magic" fireworks or "World of Color - Season of Light". I never cease to be amazed at the feeling in the air when it starts to snow on Main Street, USA after the fireworks when everyone has a calm, peaceful glow around them!
- "it's a small world" Holiday - The exterior of "it's a small world" during the holidays is iconic after it's decked out with thousands of Christmas lights in so many different colors and the clock face even gets a Santa hat! Inside your cruise around the world celebrates the holiday festivities of each nation. It's fun to see how the rest of the world observes this great time of year so this heart-warming little adventure is a must-see to finish off your holiday season. Plus this year they've added a FastPass to "it's a small world" Holiday so it's easier to enjoy than ever before.
- Seasonal Treats - Disneyland's food is already amazing, but come Christmastime there's new snacks and treats to savour! From candy cane beignets to yule logs, apple pie funnel cakes and everything peppermint in between, your sweet tooth will thank you for every bite you take! Don't worry, they get new savoury options for dinner, too. ;)
- Haunted Mansion Holiday - Yep, this overlay encompasses both the Halloween and Holiday seasons at Disneyland! That's the beauty of The Nightmare Before Christmas. Jack Skellington and his friends from Halloween Town have moved in to the Haunted Mansion and offered their services to bring some holiday cheer to the resident 999 happy haunts! Every time I ride this I find something new and, if you return each year, the gingerbread house in the banquet scene is changed every season and always baked out of real gingerbread! So what are you waiting for? "Sit back, rest in peace in your black Christmas sleigh!"
- Christmas Decorations - My absolute favourite part of the Christmas season at DLR is the never-ending troves of beautiful Christmas decorations. The trees on Main Street, USA and Buena Vista Street are grand and ornate while the smaller trees in Cars Land are each suited perfectly to their owners (a spark plug adorns Mater's as a star)! The garlands in Toontown match their respective businesses. Even the hotels get in on the merriment. The Grand Californian and Paradise Pier Hotels each have enormous trees in their lobbies and the Disneyland Hotel and Grand Californian Hotel boast huge gingerbread houses so beautiful you could eat them (and technically, you could!). You can't turn a single corner in the Resort without a wonderfully crafted reminder of the holiday season. Everything becomes fresh, new and festive!
There's our favourite parts but you can also check out our holiday to-do list for even more things to keep an eye out for during Christmastime. What are your favourite things about the holidays at DLR? Please share!