I am never one to say that you should avoid any attractions anywhere in the Disneyland Resort. My philosophy has been, and always will be, that everything is worth while even if only every once in a while. With that said, there are a few attractions scattered throughout the resort that little kids will love, but since they're kind of the intended audience then maybe you should consider alternatives when the wee ones aren't around.
- JUMPIN' JELLYFISH (PARADISE PIER) - Think of this attractions as the Tower of Terror for those too small to ride or very frightened of heights. It's surprisingly fun compared to what you may assume watching it, but don't make a mad dash when the park opens. Keep in mind, there is a height restriction.
- GOLDEN ZEPHYR (PARADISE PIER) - Paradise Bay wouldn't look the same without the Golden Zephyr there, but if you've ever wondered if it's more fun than it looks, just stick to taking your kids on it. It's a simple spinning ride without any frills.
- STORYBOOKLAND CANAL BOATS (FANTASYLAND) - Ever wanted to take a cruise through miniature replicas of your favourite Disney stories? You're in luck! That's exactly what Storybookland is! Children love seeing "real-life" versions of the things they've seen on TV and they update the displays somewhat regularly. It even has Atlantica, Agrabah and Arendelle. The models are cute but, unless you're one adult I know who is obsessed over this ride, stick with taking the kiddos. They truly will have a blast!
- GOOFY'S PLAYHOUSE (MICKEY'S TOONTOWN) - This place is literally meant only for kids to run around - there's even a height restriction against adults. When your kids need to blow off some energy, take them here while you relax outside and wait for them to tire out a bit.
- CASEY JR. CIRCUS TRAIN (FANTASYLAND) - It's iconic and looks adorable, but the headroom is perfect for those under four feet tall. Casey Jr. is a lively little train who takes a couple of loops above Storybookland for more of an aerial view of the dioramas. The added thrill is that kids get to pretend they're circus animals since each car is meant to be a particular animal's pen. Not only is the train a little small, but you'll stick out like a sore thumb if you don't have little ones with you.
- DISNEY JUNIOR - LIVE ON STAGE (HOLLYWOOD LAND) - If your kids love Sophia the First, Doc McStuffins or Jake and the Neverland Pirates then you absolutely must take them to this show which plays several times a day. It changes frequently to include new Disney Junior favourites and allows kids to see characters they actually watch everyday on TV.
- HEIMLICH'S CHEW-CHEW TRAIN ("A BUG'S LAND") - Join Heimlich the Caterpillar as he goes in search of treats in the garden. Along the way you'll find, and smell, a watermelon, animal crackers (the best part), and his favourite - candy corn! It's a perfect ride for even the littlest tikes and takes next to no time to ride, but most adults tend to avoid it.
Again, I wouldn't say "avoid these attractions at all costs", but they may be worth a skip if you don't happen to have any little kids with you at the time. There are still many others that little kids will love and you will enjoy right along with them.