Stores in Disneyland are not hard to come by - anyone can tell you that! There are, however, a few stores around the resort that have unique merchandise difficult to find anywhere else or just a better selection. These are a few of my favourites which I always try to hit on every Disneyland trip and, I'll be honest, probably end up spending too much money!
- Gag Factory / Mickey's Toontown - This is one of my favourite parts of Toontown! Also called the Five & Dime, this store is near City Hall and has a great selection of things for kids (or kids at heart). Plus it's just fun inside now that the Gag Factory part of the store overhead is working. If you've been there, you know what I mean!
- Port Royal Curios & Curiosities / New Orleans Square - There is a lot of great shopping in NOS, but this my favourite mostly because of all the Haunted Mansion themed merchandise. The whole store is pretty much dedicated to the HM and the Nightmare Before Christmas. I love the Haunted Mansion so I may be a little biased here!
- Adventureland Bazaar / Adventureland - This shop runs the entire north face of Adventureland and features Reef, Quicksilver and other name brand clothing, Indiana Jones merchandise and other jungle inspired curios. There are items inspired by classic Adventureland, the Enchanted Tiki Room, African-style instruments, exotic figurines, jungle character plushes and a whole lot more!
- Elias & Co. / Buena Vista Street - I feel Elias & Co. outperforms the Disneyland Emporium in size and options. There is a much larger apparel section for both men and women, a whole area for toys and plushes, hats and you don't feel so crowded as you shop. It's at the corner of Buena Vista Street and Hollywood Blvd.
- Off the Page / Hollywood Land - Near the entrance of Hollywood Land you can't miss the large (somewhat ugly) entrance to Off the Page. They have Disney collectibles and fine art work, hand-drawn Disney art, Disney fan non-fiction and comic books, rare figurines and even vinyl Disney movie soundtracks! You will likely spend a lot of money on any item in the store, but everything you find is pretty special and can't be found many other places.
- Disneyana / Main Street, USA - Located next to "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" is Disneyland's most prestigious art gallery. Pretty much everything you find is inspired by Disney Parks: prints, artwork, hand-drawn art, figurines, decorative boxes, models and more. Prices range from $20 - $35,000, but you only have to worry about that if you want to buy the crystal-studded castle in the back! This is my personal favourite store and I probably have spent too much of my money here, but I don't regret it!
- World of Disney / Downtown Disney - If you want everything in one spot, then check out World of Disney. Almost everything you can find in the parks is there and they do have some collectibles in their collection you can't find at Disneyana or Off the Page. The only down side to this store is how incredibly crowded it always is, but it's convenient. I know some people who only shop in World of Disney so they don't feel like they're wasting time inside the parks.
Obviously there are a lot of other fantastic stores throughout the Disneyland Resort, I picked these for certain reasons. What are your favourite places to shop and your favourite souvenirs you've purchased?