Disney knows how to keep crowds entertained and they also know that you spend a lot of your time in the parks waiting in lines. It makes it so much better to stand there when the line is really cool and can help you pass the time while you wait! These are some of my personal favourite queues in the Disneyland Resort, but it's not an exhaustive list. Feel free to share which line you think is the best!
- SPLASH MOUNTAIN - I can't so much say there's a lot to do, but there certainly is a lot to look at! In line you get fantastic views of Chick-a-pin Hill itself, walk through recreations of sets from Song of the South and get some quick peeks inside the ride itself. For such a long line they spent a long time making sure it wasn't completely dull!
- ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM - It's not so much a "line" as a waiting area. While you wait for the show to begin you can grab a Dole Whip (yum!), bask in the calming island music, and even know exactly when the show will begin! The tikis around the garden come to life one at a time just a few minutes before they open the doors. Once Tangaroa speaks it's just a matter of a couple of minutes and you get to sit in a nice air-conditioned room and enjoy the show.
- STAR TOURS - Everyone knows there's a lot going on once you get inside. From watching ads for Star Tours services to listening to C-3PO and R2-D2 banter you can get a few laughs in. For those avid fans who remember, you'll find Captain Rex just around the corner marked as "defective". Plus you can get a few chuckles out of the safety presentation just before you board the Starspeeder.
- TWILIGHT ZONE TOWER OF TERROR - I know, I know, I shouldn't bring this up at such a delicate time! But I'd be lying if I didn't say this has one of the best queues in the resort. The hotel lobby and libraries are meticulously decorated to look like they were abandoned suddenly and the boiler room is much creepier in California than in Florida (just sayin'). I just hope that when Mission: BREAKOUT opens it will at least live up to this reputation.
- INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE - This is the best line ever! Once inside the temple you walk through countless rooms, tunnels, and caves and really feel like you're miles underground. Keep a look out for a wobbly bamboo pole in the spike room (go on and touch it!) and the rope into the well where some explorers are trying to climb to safety. Search on your phone for the key to decipher the "hieroglyphs" written on the walls! Sometimes I don't even mind that I have to wait in this line for a little while!
Do you agree or do you think I left something out? Vote for which line you think is the best and we'll post the results on Facebook and Instagram!