Disneyland is a great place for kids of all ages, but if you have little kids, particularly under 5, you may still find yourself looking for rides that they can enjoy as well. There are obviously tools such as FastPass and Rider Switch that allow everyone else to get on what they want, but you don't want your smallest family members left out of everything. To help you out, here are the best rides for young families that anyone can ride and the small ones can enjoy!
- DISNEYLAND RAILROAD | Main Street, USA - It's a classic and what kid doesn't love trains to some degree? Those that love dinosaurs will also be thrilled when you get to the Primeval World between Tomorrowland and Main Street!
- ASTRO ORBITOR | Tomorrowland - Blast off in a rocket and get some great views of Tomorrowland!
- BUZZ LIGHTYEAR ASTRO BLASTERS | Tomorrowland - There's plenty to see and hear through this ride, and the older they are the more they can try to get a few shots in themselves and score points! If they're not big into a ton of noise, you may want to pass.
- FINDING NEMO SUBMARINE VOYAGE | Tomorrowland - Kids love looking out for Nemo, Marlin and Dory and laughing with their antics! If your little ones don't like dark or enclosed spaces, you best move on.
- AUTOPIA | Tomorrowland - Let your kids take a spin around the Autopia track and even have a chance behind the wheel! Note that kids must be 32" to ride and 54" to drive by themselves.
- Fantasyland - Most of the rides in Fantasyland are great for kids of all ages and sizes:
- SNOW WHITE'S SCARY ADVENTURES
- PINOCCHIO'S DARING JOURNEY
- PETER PANS' FLIGHT
- MR. TOAD'S WILD RIDE
- KING ARTHUR'S CAROUSEL - Smaller children can still ride if you stand next to them.
- DUMBO THE FLYING ELEPHANT
- CASEY JR. CIRCUS TRAIN
- STORYBOOK LAND CANAL BOATS - Kids love the fairy tale miniatures and tiny plants!
- ALICE IN WONDERLAND
- MAD TEA PARTY
- "it's a small world"
- ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM | Adventureland - Sit strategically so your kids can see the plants, birds and figures coming to life all around them! Don't be afraid to let them sing along, either!
- ROGER RABBIT'S CAR-TOON SPIN | Mickey's Toontown - This is great and pretty light-hearted for anyone to have fun. Be aware, once again, that kids who don't love a lot of noise may have an issue.
Disney California Adventure
- RED CAR TROLLEY | Buena Vista Street - Kids who love trains tend to also enjoy a quick ride aboard the Red Car. It's not long and can get you all off your feet for a bit.
- TURTLE TALK WITH CRUSH | Hollywood Land - This show is ideal for little kids who get to come right up to the tank to watch and interact with Crush and his friends. They're the ones that get to ask the most questions, too!
- MONSTERS, INC.: MIKE & SULLEY TO THE RESCUE | Hollywood Land - Ride through Monstropolis on this often overlooked attraction with a somewhat short wait time.
- "a bug's land" - As with Fantasyland in Disneyland, most attractions in "a bug's land" are perfect for kids.
- IT'S TOUGH TO BE A BUG - This can be surprisingly scary for some kids.
- FLIK'S FLYERS
- FRANCIS' LADYBUG BOOGIE
- TUCK AND ROLL'S DRIVE 'EM BUGGIES
- HEIMLICH'S CHEW-CHEW TRAIN - Truthfully, older kids may not like this as much.
- MATER'S JUNKYARD JAMBOREE | Cars Land - This seems like a dinky little ride, but it's actually a lot of fun! Note the height requirement of 32".
- LUIGI'S ROLLICKIN' ROADSTERS | Cars Land - Spin and dance with Luigi and his cousins from Carsoli! Again, note the 32" height requirement.
- THE LITTLE MERMAID - ARIEL'S UNDERSEA ADVENTURE | Paradise Pier - One of only two classic style dark rides in DCA and the only one based on a classic Disney film. Kids will love singing "Under the Sea" with all their favourite characters!