There are some experiences at the Disneyland Resort that all kids, and I mean all kids, love to do! From my many travels to Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom these are just a few of the things that I've noticed are crowd favourites and leave a lasting impression on the littlest of guests and their parents. If you haven't done all of them yet, think about what you could do on your next trip.
- Mad Tea Party - Spinning in the teacups at the Mad Tea Party is a Disneyland tradition and I don't know any kid, apart from those with severe motion sickness, who doesn't have memories of spinning around with their parents! It's classic!
- Parades - Who doesn't love a parade? Kids love seeing the over-the-top floats coming down the street and get a kick out of identifying all their favourite characters marching and dancing to the music. There's lots to choose from, so take a look at our entertainment reviews to figure out which ones you want to see.
- Peter Pan's Flight - If you've been around here enough or seen my videos, you know my opinion on this, but I can't argue the fact that kids love this ride. It's the only dark ride where you get to fly over everything and get cool views of London and Neverland. The lines are always tough, though, so keep an eye out on wait times if you want to give this a go.
- Frozen - Live at the Hyperion - Yes, it's more Frozen and, yes, some of your kids might be getting tired of it, but even adults can't keep from coming out of this show with a smile on their face! Kids go crazy in the theatre because there's so much to see! Click here for more info on this show.
- Turtle Talk with Crush - Little kids are amazed that Crush is talking back to them while older kids love coming up with questions to stump him and laugh when it doesn't work! This show has been around for a while, and there's a reason - because it's just plain fun and different every time you go!
- Toy Story Midway Mania - Kids + games = a good time. This ride is interactive and combines the magic of Disney with classic arcade games and everyone has fun trying to outscore each other. There's usually a bit of a line, so try to hit it early or around meal times.
- Fireworks - Disney fireworks, especially Disneyland Forever, bring out the kid in everyone. It's a great way for kids to end the night and be dazzled at the magic in the sky as well as on the ground.
- Character Greetings - No matter what, find the time to let your kids meet some of their favourite characters. They never forget it, the characters make them feel extra special no matter their age and you as parents will always remember the looks on their faces the first time they hugged Chewbacca, high-fived Captain America, posed with Cinderella, blew a kiss to Minnie or met the man himself: Mickey! It's always worth it so don't pass it up.
This is just the tip of the iceberg because there is so much more in this magical place. What are your favourite memories for you or your family? Please share!