By now most guests know that Disney characters have certain spots they stay in so you can find them and say "hi". It wasn't always that way, though. Originally the characters were allowed to roam all over the place and you could stop them to take a picture or get an autograph. Disney stopped that practice to reduce crowds in unwanted places and control traffic flow, but there are still a few who are allowed to wander - the hard part is just knowing where and when!
- ALICE & THE MAD HATTER - Most mornings you can find these two wandering between the Mad Tea Party, Alice in Wonderland and "it's a small world" greeting guests as they go. Feel free to stop them and ask for a picture! The Hatter is usually good for a laugh! They've also been known to make their way down to the Coca-Cola Refreshment Corner on Main Street, USA and play musical chairs with guests.
- MARY POPPINS & BERT - The couple spend their "jolly holiday" in the early afternoons (usually before 2) in the Central Plaza. Don't be offended, though, if the "practically perfect" Mary needs to run off to their next appointment. They can be hard to catch sometimes, but you'll always see them in Mickey's Sound-sational Parade!
- FLIK - Flik wanders all over "a bug's land" and seldom stops for very long. He's a very busy ant, after all, with a whole Fun Fair to look after. Even if you see him walking about, don't be afraid to ask for a quick picture - he'd usually love to! You typically find him in the mid-afternoons.
- STORM TROOPERS - These guys patrol all over Tomorrowland and interact with guests through the mid-afternoon. Don't expect them to stop and pose, though. They keep moving pretty regularly and, although photos are permitted, they don't have time to stop for you - they have rebel scum to find. The whole experience, though, is really authentic!
- BOBA FETT - He only technically makes this list. Boba Fett is almost always inside Star Wars Launch Bay - when he's there at all. His schedule is very free so he's allowed to "wander" in and out as he pleases. If you're inside Star Wars Launch Bay while he's there, jump in line! His appearances can be few and far between depending on the time of year.
- GASTON - Gaston first made his Disney Park debut in Florida once they opened the new Fantasyland and included his bar. He was such a hit that they decided to have him visit California, too, and I'm glad they did! He wanders all over Fantasyland, especially in the main courtyard and in the Fantasy Faire in the mornings and early afternoons. He loves talking with fans and would absolutely love to take a picture with you because he believes that every good house deserves to have a picture of him inside!
There are many more characters that will occasionally pop up in the parks and wander around through the crowds, but these six are pretty regular visitors to the Disneyland Resort and can bring you some great memories!