That's right, it's possible to avoid lines on even the most popular of rides! If you've looked around, you know that 99% of people say that about the only way to avoid long lines on rides like Space Mountain or Radiator Springs Racers is to arrive early. That is definitely one way, but here are other less stressful ways to avoid lines and get things done faster and get to enjoying your vacation!
Disney California Adventure Park
- TWILIGHT ZONE TOWER OF TERROR - Yes, sadly this will be leaving us soon. All the more reason to try to avoid the hoards of people trying to take a farewell drop. The worst times to try to get on the Tower of Terror are right after a showing of Frozen. All the crowds head instantly next door as they come out of the theatre. I recommend any time before noon as well as popular meal times, especially between 5 and 6. Or if you can get a FastPass, that's even better!
- SOARIN' AROUND THE WORLD - Lines are never particularly great, but they are shorter in the morning and, typically, FastPasses are never difficult to get.
- GRIZZLY RIVER RUN - Only avoid DCA's only wet ride between 11a and 6p on hot summer days. The rest of the time the line is not that long.
- TOY STORY MIDWAY MANIA - Lines are rarely in excess of 45 minutes, but to avoid those times go during common meal times, like 11a-noon or 5-6p. Also, try to get in line just before they close Paradise Pier for World of Color.
- RADIATOR SPRINGS RACERS - This is not just be being facetious, but mornings are the best time to hit this one up. Don't waste your time once the park opens heading to the FastPass distribution - go to the ride! Everyone is getting a FastPass at that time and there are very few in line. That continues until about 9 or 9.30a. That's about the last time the line is short. If you can get on that early then you'll still be able to get a FastPass when you get off.
- INDIANA JONES ADVENTURE - Lines are short anytime before 11a. End of story.
- PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN - Get there before 11a and you can walk on. Come during mealtimes and the lines are shorter than 20 minutes. Come after 7 or 8 and the lines are down again. Don't come after the fireworks and such as the line then surges beyond 30 minutes.
- HAUNTED MANSION - Really, it's only busy in the middle of the day. Avoid those times and you'll be golden.
- SPLASH MOUNTAIN - Best times are the mornings or after the sun has set on a hot summer day. Although the line is often long, FastPasses are generally not hard to get.
- MATTERHORN BOBSLEDS - Morning is actually not the best time. Instead, take advantage of meal times and the early evenings. Mostly just try to avoid the middle of the day since those are the longest times of the entire day.
- SPACE MOUNTAIN - Avoid the middle of the day or the evenings since those are the longest times. After the early mornings the lines stay pretty long, but FastPasses are not extremely hard to get.
- PETER PAN'S FLIGHT - There is no good time. The lines are literally always long. Good luck.