In the hot California sun in the middle of summer you can feel like you're melting. The most obvious ways to keep cool are to step inside stores or stop by your hotel room for a while, but there are things you can do to stay cool and still have some fun at the same time, especially at Disney California Adventure. Here are just a few ideas to help you beat the heat.
- Grizzly River Run - You can ride GRR and get soaked, but there's another way to get soaked without stepping on the ride. There's a viewing platform near the final drop where guests can stand, watch the rafts come down and get drenched and they go by! No waiting required!
- Princess Dot's Puddle Park - In "a bug's land" there is a good-sized splash pad kids can run around in to keep themselves cool on a hot summer day. It's worth it!
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain - Even if you don't want to buy any ice cream you get a free piece of Ghirardelli chocolate just for stepping inside!
- The Bakery Tour - Just across from the soda fountain is the Boudin Bakery where you can see and learn how San Francisco-style sourdough bread is made and get a free sample for coming in! There are chairs and tables inside, too, so you can take a load off.
- Animation Pavilion - In Hollywood Land there's the Disney Animation pavilion that has a nice large area for kids to run around. While you're there you can see "Turtle Talk with Crush", have fun in the Sorcerer's Workshop with some interactive activities (like finding out which Disney character you're most like!) or learn to draw a Disney character in the Animation Academy. The Animation Pavilion is highly underrated!
Check out our video below to see for yourself what you can do while you cool off. How do you like to beat the heat in Disneyland on a hot summer day?