Disneyland has officially announced the details for the Halloween Time festivities throughout the resort running from 9 September - 31 October. Those who have visited Disneyland during Halloween Time already know why this is exciting, but for those who don't know here is your guide to the frightful fun that will be coming in just a couple of months, including new surprises during Mickey's Halloween Party!
- Main Street, USA will be done up as usual with the Pumpkin Festival, where each jack-o-lantern you see is unique!
- Frontierland gets in the spirit with the Dia de los Muertos celebration and skeleton display.
- New seasonal treats, goodies and meals are available throughout the resort at bakeries and restaurants (more details to come).
- Disney villains are easier to find during Halloween Time!
- Haunted Mansion Holiday will be returning. See what happens when Jack Skellington and his friends arrive from Halloweentown and decide to create their own version of Christmas throughout the mansion!
- We were uncertain for a while, but Space Mountain: Ghost Galaxy will be making a return appearance this year where guests can attempt an escape from eerie galactic ghouls!
Mickey's Halloween Party
- Halloween Screams, a Halloween-themed fireworks spectacular, is shown only to guests of Mickey's Halloween Party and hosted by the Pumpkin King himself: Jack Skellington!
- Trick-or-Treat stations are set up around the park so you and your family can stash up on goodies!
- Disney villains abound at "Villains Square" (Town Square) all evening for meet-and-greets.
- The Dapper Dans' undead friends, the Cadaver Dans, have multiple performances nightly, many on the ghostly waters of the Rivers of America.
- New this year, Disneyland is presenting the Ride of the Headless Horsemen based on the movie The Adventures of Ichabod and Mr. Toad. Details are sparse right now, but it sounds somewhat like a villain parade which Disneyland is very excited about.
- Following him, ghouls from the Haunted Mansion and your favourite Disney villains will follow the citizens of Halloweentown in the "Frightfully Fun Parade"!
- Limited tickets are available for each party so the park is sparsely populated once the party is in full swing. Most of the attractions are still open so you can nearly walk on to the rides and get a ton done!
- Unlike other times of year, adults are also allowed to dress in costumes at Mickey's Halloween Party as long as they conform to Disneyland's costume guidelines available here.
Prices this year for Mickey's Halloween Party range from $79-$99 per person depending on the night and are available for purchase beginning 28 July (21 July for APs, Disney Visa cardholders and DVC members). Sadly, all nights have sold out already for online purchase.
Let us know what other questions you have if you're planning on a trip anytime during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort, especially if it's your first time. There's a lot to see and do but it's a ton of fun and worth it all!