There are many stores around the Disneyland Resort that offer more to guests than your average shopping experience creating memories that will last a lot longer than most souvenirs. Some are interactive experiences, many allow guests to create their own souvenir, but all have a special touch that make the difference. Traditional shopping is still great, but sprinkle some of these into your trip for something you and your family will remember. UPDATED 1 Feb 2018
- GAMES OF THE BOARDWALK | Pixar Pier - These really are attractions in and of themselves, but you have to pay extra for the experience. If you play your cards right and choose the right games then everyone can walk away with plush toys that they actually had to win and many toys can't be found anywhere else.
- STAR TRADERS | Tomorrowland - The Star Traders in Tomorrowland features two different make-your-own corners for light sabers and droids. You can take home your own personalized saber and droid and not have to stick with the standard ones that everyone else has. The prices are very reasonable, as well, since you would pay just about as much for the pre-made equivalents.
- ANIMATION ACADEMY | Hollywood Land - I've talked an awful lot about the Animation Academy, but only because it's so fun! Learn to draw your favourite Disney characters and take your masterpiece home. This is also the only experience on this list that's included with park admission! It's easier to take your drawings home if you go next door to Off the Page and ask for a bag and rubber band.
- THE LEGO STORE | Downtown Disney - Sure, it may seem like just your average LEGO store, but you can also take a look at their huge LEGO sculptures inside and out and also find LEGO play areas just outside where you can construct anything you can imagine. If you'd rather, you can leave your family by the play areas while you shop and they can show off what they made when you return!
- DISNEY DREAM BOUTIQUE | Downtown Disney - Similar to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique in Disneyland, the Dream Boutique features dresses and costumes from all the most popular Disney characters, though mainly princesses. It's a great alternative for those unable to afford the in-park experience but girls can still wear their costumes into the parks and be treated like royalty by every CM!
- BIBBIDI BOBBIDI BOUTIQUE | Fantasyland - Your kids can be treated like the princesses and knights they are inside the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique where Fairy Godmothers-in-Training use a little magic to transform them into royalty. This is a very premium experience and requires advanced reservations, which you can find here. After their transformations they also get priority access to visit the princesses at the Fantasy Faire and get their pictures taken in a coach. It's a one-of-a-kind experience that is totally worth it, especially since most girls love being greeted by CMs the rest of the day as "princess"!