You spend enough of your time waiting in lines as it is at Disneyland, so why make it worse by just standing there doing nothing? Now granted, most lines in Disneyland are actually typically shorter than 20 minutes, but there's a lot of things you can do that will make time pass a little bit quicker and leave you with a more enjoyable experience than you would get otherwise. Here are just a few tips to have fun in line!
- TALK WITH EACH OTHER - I know, I'm asking a lot of you. Why ever would you want to turn and talk to your family and/or friends while you're waiting in line when there are so many other friends and family that you could be Snapchatting or tagging on Instagram? Seriously, people. This is a social place. I can understand retreating to your phones occasionally, but you know what people did before smart phones? It's a little thing called COMMUNICATION! Chat it up with those around you and you'll have more fun, I promise.
- TAKE PHOTOS - Every inch of the Disneyland Resort has been Imagineered to tell a story. Feel free to take some fun photos and, yes, even share them with friends.
- PLAN YOUR NEXT ADVENTURE - Avoid that awkward conversation after the ride of "Now what?" and plan what your next step is while you wait. Having a plan of attack is a great strategy for any Disney trip regardless.
- ENJOY INTERACTIVE QUEUES - Some lines are themed to keep you entertained while you wait and others are even a little interactive. Take advantage of the opportunities and have a little pre-attraction fun! Some great ones are Indiana Jones, the Enchanted Tiki Room, Roger Rabbit's CarToon Spin and you can even get in some laughs at the Haunted Mansion. Check out our article on the best lines in the park for more!
- "HEADS UP!" - Have you ever been somewhere and watched some people playing some sort of guessing game with their phones? That's "Heads Up"! It's sold by Ellen DeGeneres and some of the starter packs are free, but if you check in at the Disneyland Resort you can download the Disney Parks pack for free! You take turns trying to get the person to guess the word on the screen before time runs out. If you want to play it properly it even records the round so you can go back and watch it afterwards for another good laugh! I once passed an hour's wait for Radiator Springs Racers with that app.
Go ahead and give some of these a try the next time you're stuck in line at Disneyland. Share what you usually do to help pass the time while you wait!