Select attractions Disneyland offer a Single Rider Line for guests wishing to by-pass the stand-by line and ride alone. If you choose it, this can save you upwards of an hour or more on your wait time. Not every attraction has a Single Rider Line and they work differently than other queues, so here's a guide to help you understand how it works and where you can take advantage of this service! UPDATED 13 June 2019
- Indiana Jones Adventure (Adventureland) - Ask a CM at the main entrance for a Single Rider pass and they'll direct you through the exit to the safety video and then to the elevators onto the loading platform.
- Matterhorn Bobsleds (Fantasyland) - Enter near the Fantasyland side of the mountain by the shaded area of the queue. The advantage here is that you don't actually have to sit next to anyone since you ride single file.
- Smuggler's Run (Galaxy's Edge) - Unlike many other lines, there is a separate entrance at the front for single riders. Keep in mind that it is extremely likely that you will end up as an engineer in your assigned flight crew unless you can get someone to trade with you.
- Space Mountain (Tomorrowland) - Enter near the exit. You'll find a sign that will take you the opposite direction and rarely will you find a long line ahead of you.
- Splash Mountain (Critter Country) - Simply enter through the exit. There are a few signs to direct you, but it's easy to lose track of them.
- Star Tours (Tomorrowland) - This line flew in under the radar. Go through the exit (inside the Star Trader) and ask one of the CMs to direct you.
Disney California Adventure
- Goofy's Sky School (Paradise Gardens Park) - There are signs to direct you at the entrance of the attraction.
- Grizzly River Run (Grizzly Peak) - Ask the CM at the main entrance for a pass and you'll enter through the exit.
- Incredicoaster (Pixar Pier) - There's a small entrance along the walkway that says "Single Rider" and looks like an exit. Wait there for a CM to direct you and you will eventually take the elevator to the loading platform. This line does not move particularly fast but can still save some time.
- Radiator Springs Racers (Cars Land) - There is a separate line at the main entrance for Single Riders. Still anticipate a 30+ minute wait at peak times but people are pulled from this line frequently.
Extra Things to Consider
- You party will be split up - The whole point of the single rider line is that you agreeing to ride solo in exchange for a shorter wait time. When a CM is trying to separate your group among several ride vehicles, just go with it. There are rare occasions where those in the single rider line are placed next to each other, but it is the exception - not the rule.
- Single rider lines can save you time, but it is not a guarantee - Just because you are in a physically shorter line that is made to save time, it does not guarantee that will happen. There are instances where you will end up queuing longer than at least the FastPass Return line if not possibly as long as the stand-by line.
- Be courteous to other guests - Don't be the person that uses the single rider line as a way to cheat and enter the stand-by line when CMs are not looking. Follow park rules and everyone will have a more enjoyable time.