Updated 24 May 2017
Let's face it - anymore it's the security lines that can keep you waiting far longer than most other things at the Disneyland Resort. But there's nothing you can do about it, right? Wrong! I've seen guests make the same mistakes over and over again which make for a longer line for them and everyone caught behind them. These simple suggestions, though, will help you get through those lines as fast as possible so you can get to the magic inside!
- PICK THE RIGHT LINE - Some lines are always shorter than others but few people seem to notice them. When coming from Harbor Boulevard, though, go to the right.
- AVOID THE PRIVATE ENTRANCE - Although it used to be super helpful, in the mornings you should avoid at all costs the private entrance into DCA from the Grand Californian in the morning. It can take a while when so many guests are trying to cram into one small area.
- LOOK FOR LINES WITHOUT STROLLERS - Stroller families tend to take longer through security. So, naturally, the fewer strollers in a single line the faster that line will move. Take a quick glance before you choose a line.
- GET THOSE BAGS OPEN - As soon as you reach the tables, get those bags off your shoulders (yes, all bags) and get them open and ready to go. Don't wait for the security guards to remind you why you're there in the first place, beat them to the chase and stay two steps ahead of them. Those behind you will thank you!
- DON'T PACK THE KITCHEN SINK - I constantly see people making their way to the security guards with a large stroller packed to the brim without children, a large bag draped across the handlebars, another large tote over their shoulders, backpacks, coolers and a purse. You do realise that the security guards have to look inside each bag or cooler, right? That will take forever! You may be willing to wait that long so that you can have three changes of clothes for each child, a three-course meal for lunch, and your desktop computer inside the parks, but there are other people also trying to enjoy their vacation. YOU DON'T NEED ALL THAT STUFF! Pack what you need (that goes for food, too) but don't go crazy. The more streamlined you can get, the faster you'll get through security and you'll have an easier time parking all your stuff before you go on any rides.