Let's face it: it's summer, we're all overheated and looking for some way to cool down. Obvious choice: go for ice cream! The trouble is that, although Disneyland has great options for snacks, their ice cream options can be pretty generic. Sometimes that's okay but if you want a cold treat that's going to make your day then here are the places to go and you won't leave disappointed!
- Clarabelle's (Mickey's Toontown) - Clarabelle's has a decent selection of ice cream snacks, but keep in mind that many are similar to what you can find in the ice cream carts around the park.
- California Churro Company (Downtown Disney) - These small churro carts sport an infamous churro ice cream sandwich. Do I need to say anything else or are you already drooling?
- Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor (Main Street, USA) / Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream (Buena Vista Street) - I group these together because they are essentially the same store just in different parks. Clarabelle's has a slightly larger menu and a souvenir "kitchen sink" you can eat from, but the ice cream is the same. The best thing there are their chocolate chip cookie hot fudge sundaes! Delicious!
- Paradise Pier Ice Cream Company (Paradise Pier) - Stop by here near Ariel's Grotto for some great soft-serve cones! There's nothing too fancy, but it can be hard to find soft serve in the parks.
- Ghirardelli Soda Fountain (Pacific Wharf) - I have talked about this place a lot for a very good reason: it's AMAZING! They seriously have some of the best ice cream I've ever had and I wish I could just drink some of their hot fudge. Anything you get will be great, but I recommend options with fudge, cookie dough pieces or chocolate chip ice cream. Keep in mind that the servings are huge so I suggest splitting whatever you order.
What's your favourite ice cream concoction in the Disneyland Resort?