Most groups visiting the Disneyland Resort travel in larger groups and entire families, but there are those of us who travel in small groups and pairs. Don't get me wrong, I think the more the merrier for a Disney vacation, but there are certain perks to be aware of if you do happen to be just a party of two. Many can seem like only the tiniest of advantages, but they add up in a big way so don't shy away from planning a trip for just the two of you! UPDATED 3 Feb 2018
- DINING RESERVATIONS - Sometimes your favourite restaurant can be completely booked for the day you need it on your trip. When traveling in parties of two it can be a lot easier to get a table since you only need a small one. Suddenly places like the Blue Bayou become a lot more doable!
- SPECIAL ATTENTION FROM CAST MEMBERS - I don't particularly know the reason, but when I've travelled with just one or two others I seem to get a lot more special attention and treatment from CMs. Once they asked us specifically if we could find good enough seats for World of Color and twice when we approached a particularly long line for Monsters, Inc. we were offered passes to enter through the exit because there were only two of us. I wouldn't travel expecting all of this, but it tends to happen more often.
- PRIVATE RIDES - All of the dark rides at DLR will allow you to have a whole car to yourself even if you're traveling in small groups. It's kind of fun to be the only two on Pinocchio or Mr. Toad because you can talk the whole way through (not too loud, obviously). On non-peak times some other attractions will do the same thing, such as "it's a small world" or Grizzly River Run.
- SPLITTING SNACKS - It's nice when there are only two of you to be able to split some iconic snacks and treats and not feel like you're stuffing yourself. Instead of deciding between a Dole Whip or a churro, you can get both and split them!
- "LEGAL" LINE JUMPING - In an effort to fill up ride vehicles as efficiently as possible, CMs will often call down the line for parties of two or three to come to the front. Though typically not a drastic jump, it can save you up to five minutes in line if there's not very many of you so keep your ears open and be quick to raise your hand when called for. Pay particular attention on rides like Matterhorn Bobsleds, Splash Mountain, Radiator Springs Racers, or any other where there's an unusual number of people in a car (other than 4).
- ROMANTIC GETAWAY - This only applies to those parties of two who are dating or married, but it's such a great vacation to be away with just you and your significant other! You can feel little guilt at cuddling on Pirates of the Caribbean, squeezing hands on the Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT or even sneaking a kiss after the fireworks because there's no one there who knows you to pass judgement . . . to your face anyways!
There's just a few things to look forward to next time you travel with one or two others. Do you have any other ideas I might have missed?