Now that security checkpoints have been changed, spending time in Downtown Disney is easier and less crowded than ever before! The themed shopping district and third entity of the Disneyland Resort is often shuffled under the rug and cast aside as a less important and interesting area, but in reality it's an incredibly unique destination with shopping, dining, and entertainment you can't find elsewhere! UPDATED 21 June 2021
Most restaurants in Downtown Disney are not owned by Disney, but they are all dining experiences you can't find in the parks. From bars to Spanish cuisine and tasty desserts, you'll find something that everyone will enjoy. If you are an Annual Passholder, you also get discounts at every restaurant in the district! These are some of the more noteworthy places to keep an eye out for:
- CATAL RESTAURANT - If you're in the mood for Spanish-inspired food, the Catal Restaurant is the only place you can find it. You also get great views of the rest of Downtown Disney from the dining room or stop by the iconic Uva Bar in the middle of the promenade.
- BLACK TAP BURGERS & SHAKES - Feeling just a little peckish? Then this isn't the place for you. The burgers are as big as your face and the handcrafted shakes are literally "over-the-top". There's no way you won't love whatever you get. Don't worry - it's easy to split whatever you get.
- SPRINKLES - Find delectable cupcakes and cookies for dessert or a tasty treat and this great new bakery. Make sure you keep coming back for more because they're always introducing new and seasonal flavours.
- NAPLES RISTORANTE E BAR - The new redesign of Naples has really attracted a lot of new diners inside and the food is well worth it. Best of all, no one, and I mean no one, will leave hungry. Even the kids' meals are huge and completely affordable!
- BALLAST POINT - The newest bar and only brewery in Downtown Disney has become an instant hit! Be sure to check it out and get as many great views of the area as you can at the Catal Restaurant.
- SALT & STRAW - Do you consider yourself a big foodie? Check out the unique flavor combinations of ice cream at Salt & Straw so you can satisfy your sweet tooth and experience bizarre and new taste sensations.
World of Disney is very well known for being the largest and most comprehensive Disney store in all of the Disneyland Resort, but if you are the type of person who is interested in Disney-inspired clothing, accessories, or art then there are other stores and galleries to look through.
- DISNEY DRESS SHOP - Find designer women's fashions and accessories based on and inspired by classic films and characters. Styles range from the ultra modern to chic retro.
- DISNEY HOME STORE - Deck out your home with Disney flare from the Disney Home Store! You can find decor for everything from the kitchen to the living room and even the bedroom. You can find some of these items in the parks, but this is a great all-in-one destination.
- WONDERGROUND GALLERY - WonderGround Gallery has been contracted by Disney for quite some time to create art pieces inspired by films, characters, and the parks. It's pricey, but it is fine art and a great way to add Disney decor to your home.
Downtown Disney has quickly become an entertainment destination as well, and I'm not just talking about the AMC Theaters or the loads of live bands that play on the Downtown Disney stage. There are a couple of new experiences you have to check out that are particularly great for the older kids (or kids at heart)!
- SPLITSVILLE LUXURY LANES - It's not your average bowling alley. Splitsville is a trendy destination with tons of lanes to choose from and a chef-inspired menu to go with it. They'll also feature live entertainment from time to time so you don't have to stop by just to bowl.