Updated 6 March 2017
The Disneyland Resort offers three spectacular hotels to allow guests to be completely immersed in the Disney experience on their trip! They are pricier than many other Good Neighbor Hotel options, so then you may be wondering "Why should I spend my money on a Disneyland Resort Hotel when these others are so much cheaper and just as close?" Let me answer that for you...
- EXCLUSIVE HOTEL GUEST EVENTS - Upon check-in, guests are given an itinerary of specialty hotel guest only activities happening throughout the resort. Many are free, you just need your room key to get in and/or let them know in advance to expect you. Events range from movie nights to morning DCA power walks to trivia challenges.
- STEPS AWAY FROM THE MAGIC - Regardless which one you choose, each Disney Resort Hotel is just steps away from the Disney magic! The Disneyland Hotel is right outside Downtown Disney and the Monorail station, the Paradise Pier Hotel is just across the street from the resort and the Grand Californian opens up to either DCA or Downtown Disney. Wherever you go it feels like you've never left the magic behind!
- DISNEY EVERYWHERE! - This one's obvious, but it's so nice to feel completely surrounded by Disney magic! Disney knows how to treat their guests so your experience in the parks continues into your hotel room with more character dining options, wake-up calls, decor and more.
- PACKAGE DELIVERY - Tired of lugging around those huge souvenirs throughout the park? Then don't! Guests at the Resort Hotels can have almost anything purchased in the parks delivered to their hotel and they typically arrive the next morning at the bell desk. This is a super convenient way to shop, just make sure you keep track of your purchases or you may end up taking home more souvenirs then you originally planned on!
- PRIVATE DCA ENTRANCE - Most everyone knows of the entrance into Disney California Adventure from inside the Grand Californian Hotel, but if you want to use that entrance before 11a then you have to be a guest at one of the Resort Hotels. Just show your room key and you get in right next to Grizzly River Run and not far from Soarin'! Since both the Grand Californian and the Paradise Pier Hotel guests have to walk through the former to get to the parks anyway, this makes it ultra convenient. (As a word of caution, though, this entrance can get very congested first thing in the morning, especially on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays during EMH. It may be worth the extra time to go around to the main entrance at those times.)
- EXTRA MAGIC HOURS - This is the best perk of all! Any guest with a 3-day or larger ticket to the parks gets one Magic Morning good at Disneyland Park on Tuesdays, Thursdays or Saturdays and get into the park an hour early. One Magic Morning. That's it. Guests at the Resort Hotels get Extra Magic Hours every day and enjoy admission an hour early to DCA on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays as well as DLP on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. This extra hour also tends to be the most productive time of day since crowds are at their smallest allowing you more time to get everything on your list done.
Of course, this is not an exhaustive list of the perks of staying at a Disneyland Resort Hotel, but it certainly makes the prospect that much more tantilising! What do you enjoy most of your stays?