Tickets can sell out quickly for the Oogie Boogie Bash, but if you didn't get a chance to get tickets don't worry! There are a lot of other options for you to do around the Disneyland Resort on evenings when the Oogie Boogie Bash takes over California Adventure so you'll still have plenty of fun those last few hours of the night. With a little advance planning you almost won't even feel you're missing anything!
- DISNEYLAND PARK - The obvious choice is to spend the night at Disneyland! If you still want Halloween decor and more, you can enjoy things such as the Pumpkin Festival on Main Street, USA and the always popular Haunted Mansion Holiday with your favorite characters from The Nightmare Before Christmas. There's plenty to see and do around Disneyland on any given day so you'll stay plenty entertained.
- HALLOWEEN SCREAMS! - The Halloween Party might be next door, but you can still enjoy some creepy fun with the Halloween fireworks spectacular lighting up the skies every night during Halloween Time at the Disneyland Resort! This is always a must-see for us, so make sure you don't miss out on it.
- GOOFY'S KITCHEN - The only character dining experience available all day long is Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel. Not only is it not in Disneyland Park, it's not in any park so no ticket is necessary! Your family will still get to see their favourite characters and get a Disney experience. Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 60 days in advance.
- DOWNTOWN DISNEY - Make it a shopping night at Downtown Disney! There are great stores for everyone and it's a lively city experience. Most nights also include live music near the Star Wars Outpost!
- DISNEYLAND RESORT DINING - If you want a cool dining experience but don't necessarily need it to be Disney, Downtown Disney has a good selection there as well. Grab a locally brewed beer at Ballast Point, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen usually has live music inside and authentic creole food, and you can combine family friendly games with fantastic food at Splitsville Luxury Lanes. For quieter or romantic evenings, try the Blue Bayou in Disneyland Park or the Napa Rose in the Grand Californian Hotel.
- GUEST EXPERIENCES AT RESORT HOTELS - Guests at any of the Disneyland Resort Hotels are provided with nightly entertainment options inside one or more of the hotels, like Disney movie nights! When you check in, take a look at the schedule of activities given for times and locations. Some other Good Neighbor Hotels may also provide similar experiences.
- GO FOR A SWIM - If all else fails, take your family back to your hotel for an evening dip in the pool. The pools at the Disneyland Hotel are open late and accommodate large numbers of people, for example.
The good news is that if you only have a short trip planned, Oogie Boogie Bash nights are not held back-to-back so you'll at least have one normal night regardless when you go. Really, this list could go on much longer but you at least get the idea that you won't have to work too hard to fill up your night!