Tickets are sold out for Mickey's Halloween Party this year, but if you didn't get a chance to get tickets don't worry! There are a lot of other options for you to do around the Disneyland Resort on evenings when Mickey's Halloween Party takes over Disneyland Park so you'll still have plenty of fun those last few hours of the night. With a little advance planning you almost won't even feel you're missing anything! (UPDATED: 20 Sept 2017)
- DISNEY CALIFORNIA ADVENTURE - On party nights, DCA is open later than usual to compensate. Typically you can enjoy all shows and attractions in the park until midnight - 2 hours later than the park is normally open. Use this as a perfect time to ride Radiator Springs Racers or Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: BREAKOUT! Besides, nighttime is the only time you can experience Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark and help Groot escape the Collector's Fortress. There are also lots of new Halloween decorations to see along Buena Vista Street and Cars Land that will get you in the seasonal mood! In all seriousness, this should be your default choice. Disneyland Park will only close to the general public at 6 or 7 so we tend to spend the first part of the day at Disneyland and venture to DCA for the evening where we'll stay for 2 to 4 hours.
- WORLD OF COLOR - The Halloween Party might be next door, but World of Color still plays nightly at DCA! Get your FastPasses early in the day so you can get a great seat for the show!
- GOOFY'S KITCHEN - The only character dining experience available all day long is Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel. Not only is it not in Disneyland Park, it's not in any park so no ticket is necessary! Your family will still get to see their favourite characters and get a Disney experience. Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 60 days in advance.
- DOWNTOWN DISNEY - Make it a shopping night at Downtown Disney! There are great stores for everyone (LEGO, Quicksilver, Sanuk, Build-a-Bear, and tons more) and it's a lively city experience. Most nights also include live music near the ESPN Zone!
- DISNEYLAND RESORT DINING - If you want a cool dining experience but don't necessarily need it to be Disney, Downtown Disney has a good selection there as well. Sports fans can check out ESPN Zone, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen usually has live music inside and authentic creole food, and the Rainforest Cafe is a great option for families so kids can interact with some of the animals. For quieter or romantic evenings, try the Carthay Circle Restaurant in DCA or the Napa Rose in the Grand Californian Hotel.
- GUEST EXPERIENCES AT RESORT HOTELS - Guests at any of the Disneyland Resort Hotels are provided with nightly entertainment options inside one or more of the hotels, like Disney movie nights! When you check in, take a look at the schedule of activities given for times and locations. Some other Good Neighbor Hotels may also provide similar experiences.
- GO FOR A SWIM - If all else fails, take your family back to your hotel for an evening dip in the pool. The pools at the Disneyland Hotel are open late and accommodate large numbers of people, for example.
The good news is that if you only have a short trip planned, Mickey's Halloween Party nights are not held back-to-back so you'll at least have one normal night in the Magic Kingdom regardless when you go. Really, this list could go on much longer but you at least get the idea that you won't have to work too hard to fill up your night!