We've talked about cooling off at California Adventure, but on a hot summer day there are also plenty of ways to stay cool in the Happiest Place on Earth itself! Obviously, certain restaurants are indoors and can keep you out of the sun that way, but most visitors don't necessarily spend the time and money those places require. For you guys, here are some of my favourite ways to tackle with the heat.
- SPLASH MOUNTAIN | Critter Country - The classic log flume up and over Chick-a-pin Hill is probably the best way to get wet. To get the most splash for your buck, sit more toward the front and you'll bear the brunt of each waterfall.
- DAVY CROCKETT EXPLORER CANOES | Critter Country - Paddle through the Rivers of America in this great seasonal attraction. Granted, you're not supposed to get wet, but you inevitably will from all the other oars in the water.
- COSMIC WAVES | Tomorrowland - Okay, I'll admit, it's not technically called "Cosmic Waves" anymore, but in front of the entrance to Space Mountain and "Star Wars: Path of the Jedi" is a rolling fountain globe and little ones especially enjoy resting up against it and playing in the water. You'd be surprised how wet they can get with so little water actually flowing.
- MATTERHORN BOBSLEDS | Fantasyland - Sure, you may not get the most wet, but after swerving around and down waterfalls you are bound to get the spray of water in your face - at least by the end! Don't sell this one short on a hot summer day.
- GREAT MOMENTS WITH MR LINCOLN | Main Street, USA - Step inside the Opera House and witness the iconic show directed by Walt Disney himself. Sure, little ones may not be as invested, but it's a cool experience in many ways. If you don't want to watch the presentation, you can still come inside to look at the latest Disney Gallery exhibit and watch the Disneyland Story in the foyer (featuring Steve Martin and Donald Duck).
- ENCHANTED TIKI ROOM | Adventureland - Another classic attraction is Walt's original Tiki Room which features plenty of shade in the waiting area, some delicious Dole Whips to snack on before and during the show, and a 15-minute entertaining romp through the Islands!
- THE GOLDEN HORSESHOE | Frontierland - The food may not be the greatest, but the atmosphere is fun and there are always fun shows to watch while you eat.
- "it's a small world" | Fantasyland - How many classic and iconic attractions can we fit on this list? Always one more! Join the happiest cruise that ever sailed and cool off with the help of children all around the world.
- STAR WARS LAUNCH BAY | Tomorrowland - Hop inside the Tomorrowland Expo Center and meet some of your favourite characters from the Star Wars universe and discover unique collectables.
- PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN | New Orleans Square - Pirates is a lot longer of an attraction than you may realize and you may even end up a little wet while you dodge buccaneers and set sail through uncharted waters. Drink up, me hearties, yo ho!
These are just a few suggestions, but as you can see there is almost no end to the possibilities so you can always stay cool while continuing to enjoy your trip!