The summer months are when most Americans are busy celebrating all things USA and Disneyland is as American as they come, but some experiences are more purely American than others. Walt said that Disneyland is "dedicated to the ideals . . . that have created America" and scattered through both parks and Downtown Disney you can celebrate the 4th of July or anything patriotic with these experiences based around classic Americana.
- DISNEYLAND RAILROAD | Main Street, USA - Walt loved trains and they have been a part of the plans for Disneyland since they were first conceived. The genuine engines of the Disneyland Railroad are either built specially by Walt Disney Imagineering or real antiques from centuries past across the US. On your journey you'll be able to see other parts of America including New Orleans, the Rivers of America and the Grand Canyon.
- GREAT MOMENTS WITH MR. LINCOLN | Main Street, USA - President Lincoln is synonymous with patriotism. Walt Disney was fascinated by the late president and directed this show for the New York World's Fair in 1964. This brief glimpse into the life and legacy of Abraham Lincoln will have you seeing stars and stripes - literally!
- MAIN STREET VEHICLES | Main Street, USA - Take a step into early 20th century America by hopping aboard any one of the real Main Street vehicles and taking a leisurely trip to the Central Hub and back.
- MARK TWAIN RIVERBOAT | Frontierland - Riverboats like this one once shuttled passengers up and down the Mississippi, and this recreation can take you on a leisurely 15-minute journey around the Rivers of America. During your trip you'll see shores representing rivers across the continental US, American wildlife and a small Native American camp.
- GOLDEN HORSESHOE | Frontierland - Hungry? Grab a bite to eat in a Wild West-style saloon. Serving classic American faire, including delicious sundaes, and regular live entertainment from the citizens of Frontierland, you'll feel a part of the America that never quite was.
- CAJUN & CREOLE DINING | New Orleans Square - It doesn't matter whether you choose the Blue Bayou, the Cafe Orleans or even the French Market, Cajun and creole cuisine is unique to Louisiana and all the restaurants in New Orleans Square offer food and experiences that are memorable!
- SPLASH MOUNTAIN | Critter Country - Most guests are unfamiliar with the stories of Uncle Remus or the Disney film Song of the South, but the sights and music of this classic attraction are inspired by the deep south of the US. Keep in mind that this attraction consciously romanticizes the past to find the magic of the era, not necessarily the truth.
- DAVY CROCKETT'S EXPLORER CANOES | Critter Country - If you want a more hands-on tour around the Rivers of America than mere views aboard the Mark Twain, paddle a real canoe inspired by a true American legend.
Disney California Adventure
- AWARD WIENERS | Hollywood Land - Hot Dog! Kick back with an American culinary staple, but with a bit more umph! All meals are served with spiral-cut fries, too - and there's certainly nothing "French" about them.
- AVENGERS ASSEMBLE | Avengers Campus - Few characters embody the spirit of America more than Captain America himself! Catch him fighting off villains alongside Black Widow above Avengers Headquarters and, later, you may be able to say hello in person! Check the Disneyland app for showtimes.
- WEB SLINGERS | Avengers Campus - Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man (from New York City, remember) and his new friends from the Worldwide Engineering Brigade (WEB) celebrate the ingenuity and creativity that has been historically cultured in the US so why not fight with them to save the Campus from an invasion (of their own making, but that's another story).
- BLACK TAP BURGERS & SHAKES - Meal portions in America are known for being large, and these don't disappoint. Everything is perfect for sharing - burgers, fries, sandwiches, shakes (you know, American food)!
- RALPH BRENNAN'S JAZZ KITCHEN - Get a little taste of New Orleans with the uniquely American creole and Cajun food. Families have celebrated that the food here is popular with every age group so you don't have to worry if your little ones will eat.
- SPLITSVILLE LUXURY LANES - Classic American food paired with a classic American pastime - bowling! Take a break from your other adventures with a little wholesome fun.